1. Your chair needs _______.
A. to repair
C. to repairing
D. being repair
2. I hate to see papers _______ in pencil.
B. to write
3. The job made her dependent _______ her husband.
4. This is the second time she ______ improvement on that equipment.
A. had made
C. is making
D. has made
5. He spoke so quickly that I did not ______ what he said.
6. _______determines a good meal varies from country to country.
7. As the journey was a long one, he took a friend with him for ________.
8. I suggest _______ for an outgoing this Sunday.
A. us going
B. we are going
C. to go
D. our going
9. We’ve ______ sugar. Ask him to lend us some.
A. run away with
B. run down
C. run off
D. run out of
10. It was in 1930 _______ he became a university student.